The Best HVAC Repair, Anytime
Has your heat pump broken during a snowstorm? Do you need air conditioner repair on the Fourth of July? At Starnes Inc. Heating and Cooling, your emergency is our priority! We offer same day service.
No matter the time of day or night, regardless of the weather or your location, we aren’t satisfied until you’re comfortable. Those values define the Starnes mission of providing Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee with the highest quality heating and air conditioning repair and service.
What Makes Starnes a Top-Rated HVAC Contractor?
- Emergency Response: We guarantee a two-hour response time for your unexpected, crucial HVAC repairs.
- Unparalleled Availability: Our technicians are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – even on holidays!
- Flat-Rate Pricing: For $68, we visit your home to diagnose what is wrong with your air system, analyze its overall condition and determine its age. No surprise fees.
- Quality Knowledge: A staffed service manager assures quality control and technical support for technicians, while our service library has complete manuals for nearly all HVAC manufacturers.
- Proven Experience: All 19 of our technicians have degrees or are currently working towards a degree in our industry. Combined, they boast more than 200 years of experience in the field of heating and air.
- Technical Innovation: To hone our performance, we keep up with the latest technologies and evolve our business as our industry changes.
- Worry-Free Experience: We pride ourselves on being an honest and trustworthy company. We’ve been in business since 1978, and we will be here whenever you need us.
Do I Need HVAC Repairs?
If it seems your heat pump isn’t working properly, perform a few common checks before calling a professional.
- Breaker Box: The circuit breaker to your HVAC may have been tripped, cutting off power to the unit. In your home’s circuit breaker panel, check to see if a heat pump circuit breaker is in the “off” position. If so, switch it to “on.”
- Thermostat: Make sure your home’s thermostat is both receiving power and has not been switched from your desired setting. Replace the thermostat if malfunctioning is evident, such as the temperature gauge not reading properly.
- Vents: Check registers to make sure air is blowing out. A lack of air flow could indicate clogged ducts.
- Air Filter: Evaluate the filter in your HVAC system’s air return. If excessive dust is present or clogging is visible, replace the filter.
- Outside Fan: Check to see if your outside heat pump’s fan is running. Make sure sticks or other debris aren’t preventing the blades from turning.
- Check Coils: Visually inspect the outside coil for any yard debris or trash. If needed, remove debris with a soft brush.
If all the above failed to fix the problem, it’s time for Starnes to step in.
What’s Wrong with My Heat Pump?
And, more importantly, how much will it cost to repair? We’ll answer those questions together.
For the flat rate of $68, one of our certified technicians will visit your home and diagnose the HVAC problem. After educating you about your current system’s condition, age and expectations, we’ll discuss repair pricing – and do so before the work begins.
Our goal is to help you make an informed decision that works best for your situation.
More Services from Starnes Inc. Heating and Cooling
The Starnes Inc. team stands behind our work and you, our customer. Over the entire life of your HVAC unit, you can trust us to responsibly deliver maintenance services that will help avoid repairs and prolong the need for replacement.
Starnes Inc. offers industry-leading heat pump brands. It’s our responsibility to educate you about your options so that you can confidently make an informed decision about your investment.